1) Ball- The most important part of any soccer match is the ball! Over the years these have developed from a pigs bladder covered in leather, which were notoriously heavy, to modern football; a light ball made from synthetic materials. This development of the ball has changed the way people play, whilst the older styles of balls were more difficult to hit hard, they were also more difficult to stop. The light synthetic balls can move viciously in the air, sometimes making the goalkeeper look like an idiot in the process. There are many different quality balls on the market at the moment, from cheap ones, ideal for playing a game with your mates in the street to expensive professional balls that are used in only the highest level of the game.
2) Goalposts- A must have for any competitive match, goalposts are the definitive guide to whether a goal has been scored or not. They can be made out of wood, metal or plastics. The official size of a goalpost is eight foot high and 8 yards wide (2.4m high and 7.32m wide).
3) Gloves- Another piece of equipment revolutionized by the production of synthetic materials, goalkeeper gloves help to protect the hands from any hard hit shot. They are also designed to make it easier to catch the ball, with a layer of material on the palm of the glove that sticks to the ball more. It is now rare to see a keeper at any level play without a pair of gloves.
4) Shin pads- Perhaps the most important piece of equipment that is in place for the protection of the players, shin pads stop any knocks or cuts appearing on the lower leg. Newer models have an incorporated ankle support however no matter how well made the shin pad is it is not going to stop a leg breaking tackle. The two most important factors when deciding what ship pad to use are safety and comfort.
5) Cleats- Soccer cleats can come in all shapes, sizes, designs, colours, brands and price! There are many on the market to choose from, ranging from heavier sturdier shoes to lighter more delicate cleats. To get a bargain go to ...etc. Like footballs there is a large price range, from inexpensive pairs for the beginner to the professional cleats worn by the top athletes all over the world
6) Cones- The level of soccer coaching has dramatically increased in the US in the past twenty years, there are now many valuable pieces of training equipment, however cones are the most fundamental and also the most versatile. From setting up passing drills to dividing up the field, cones are now an integral part of any soccer practice.
7) Soccer Jerseys- there is no better support your team than wearing their jersey, sometimes in the US it can be difficult to find a place to buy these relatively specialist items but on … .. you can buy practically any soccer top known to man.
You can buy all of the above using Eurosport coupon codes to save some money!